Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finished: Leafprints Shawlette

Pattern:Leafprints Shawlette by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Some lace yarn from Handpainted.com
Colorway: Wild Daisies
Price: don't know, but probably a couple of dollars
Amount: less than 850 g
Needles: 3 mm
Gauge: You should know by now that I rarely swatch when knitting shawls
Dimensions: big
Modifications:

  • made the lace part symmetrical
  • start at row 25 of lace chart until row 32, then do row 1 to row 32.
  • 149 stitches (garter stitch) on each side, increase 38 stitches: 187 stitches on each side 36 x K4, yo, k5, yo
Comments:
Easy pattern. The yarn is not supersoft, but not that scratchy as I had assumed. It's not cashmere, but probably soft enough to wrap it around your neck. The color is gorgeous. It's really really nice. I have some yarn left, so maybe I will make a small shawl for myself.

The picture of the shawl were taken with a Canon Ixus 130. Honestly, I don't think I am that thrilled with the camera... The first picture was taken with a Nikon Coolpix and while I always thought that this camera wasn't great, I still find the colors of the pictures were better.

handpaintedyarn.com Leafprints Shawlette Leafprints Shawlette Leafprints Shawlette Leafprints Shawlette Leafprints Shawlette
Leafprints Shawlette Leafprints Shawlette

0 Kommentare:


Ravelry

Italian knitting group on Ravelry

French knitting group on Ravelry

Mystery Stole 3 KAL

Rockin Guy Blogger Award

dangerous intersection blog