Saturday, April 07, 2007

Finished: Another Flower Basket Shawl

Here's another Flower Basket Shawl, this time for me? I put it in a drawer as somehow I have the feeling this will be a gift again.

Pattern:
Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Zephyr JaggerSpun 50% Merino, 50% Chinese Tussah silk, 2/18 lace weight,
630 yds/2 oz.
Color: white
Price:
$5.75, bought at www.sarahsyarns.com

Amount: 2 oz. ball
Needles: 3 mm

Gauge: none, none, none :D

Dimensions: 124 cm wide, 59 cm from center to tip

Modifications: A couple of more repeats











Regarding my blocking method, I follow the Yarn Harlot's instructions, more or less. Not sure how much blocking wires cost and if they would be more helpful, but this method here works right for me as far as now.










She's watching me work. :) And seems completely unaware that a pin is pointing at her - eek. :o
























On the manufacturer's website it says "dry cleaning only", but I have washed this in lukewarm water with Kookaburra and it was ok. I had washed it before, but thought this shawl deserves to be washed with something really nice (I know, I know, I had really high hopes for this woolwash :D It's not the stuff that will cure everything, but I guess it does a good job). When I washed it the first time and started rinsing I forgot that the water had cooled down and it seemed to me that I had slightly felted the shawl, but it turned out fine as you can see here.


4 Kommentare:

Chie said...

Hi projektleiterin,

You have a nice blog here, and you make such cute things :)

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and leaving me such a helpful comment!!! I was aware of comments not showing on post pages, and I just couldn't figure out what was causing it. Thanks to you, the problem has been solved and I'm 100% happy with the template now. :) THANKS!

Krawuggl said...

Genau diesen Schal (oder besser Tuch?) hab ich auch mal angefangen, und nach so ungefähr 10 cm völlig entnervt wieder aufgegeben, ich hab ständig einen Umschlag vergessen oder sonst einen dummen Fehler gemacht.Wenn ich jetzt aber deinen so sehe, tut es mir furchtbar leid, daß ich nicht durchgehalten habe. Denn wunderschön ist deiner geworden, sieht so federleicht aus. Danke auch für den Tipp zum Spannen, vielleicht wag ich mich eines Tages ja wieder mal ran.
Liebe Grüße, und - eigentlich ist er doch viel zu schön um ihn nicht selbst mal zu tragen! - , Suzi

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Especially in that last picture, what a great shot.

greensatya said...

God, you have become like a Knitting wizard or something !


Ravelry

Italian knitting group on Ravelry

French knitting group on Ravelry

Mystery Stole 3 KAL

Rockin Guy Blogger Award

dangerous intersection blog